Apple Volume Purchase Program enables enterprises to find, purchase and distribute apps and books in bulk.
A VPP token is used to link the VPP account to Hexnode MDM. The account info, apps and licenses sync as long as the token is active. When nearing expiration, it’s essential that the token is renewed, Otherwise once when the VPP token is expired the user would be unable to purchase apps in bulk by VPP but the applications which have already been purchased will work as it is.
Renewing VPP Token
Here are the steps to update the Apple VPP token:
- Go to VPP login page.
- Login with your Apple VPP credentials and select Business volume purchase program.
- On the top right corner of your webpage you would see your Apple ID, click on it and select Account Summary.
- In Account summary, on the right side of the Manage Distribution tab click Download Token to download the VPP token. The token is of file type .vpptoken.
- When the token is downloaded go to the Hexnode MDM portal and select the Admin tab.
- Click the Apple VPP tab on the left side, click on the account name that matches the Apple VPP user ID.
- Click on Choose file next to the “Renew VPP Token file” label and upload the token file which was downloaded previously from the Apple VPP website.
- Click Save.