Network usage rules for iOS devices enable the organization to control the cellular data usage or roaming data usage by the managed apps. This feature allows administrators to control the unnecessary data expenses in the organization.
Configure network usage rules via policy
To configure network usage rules via policy,
- Login to Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to Policies → NewPolicy
Assign a suitable name and description(optional) for the policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing one.
- Go to iOS → Expense Management → Network Usage Rules.
- Click Configure.
- Click on +New network usage rule.
- Choose the required app from the configuration window.
Custom made Enterprise apps, apps purchased through VPP or Store apps can be selected from the list.
- Click Add.
- After applying the rules, click on Save.
|Cellular data usage||Disable to restrict mobile data usage by the managed apps.|
|Data usage on roaming||Disable to restrict mobile data usage while roaming by the managed apps.|
Both the options are allowed by default.
Network usage rules can be applied to the apps in bulk right from the configuration window.
It can be applied individually to the apps from the policies window.