FAQs on Google Workspace (G Suite)
- 1. Do I need to integrate G Suite to enroll in Android Enterprise using Google Domain?
- 2. How long does it take for G Suite users to sync with Hexnode?
- 3. Why should I choose Hexnode UEM when G Suite has its own mobile device management system?
- 4. Can I sync multiple domains with Hexnode?
- 5. Why are there two sync buttons on the G Suite page of the Hexnode portal?
- 6. How many devices can I assign to a G Suite user?
1. Do I need to integrate G Suite to enroll in Android Enterprise using Google Domain?
Integrating G Suite with Hexnode is one of the prerequisites to enroll devices in Android Enterprise (AE) using Google Domain. Once you integrate G Suite with Hexnode, you can sync all users and user groups from G Suite to your portal, assign devices to those G Suite users, and enroll devices using Google Domain. Follow our help doc on configuring AE using G Suite to know more.
2. How long does it take for G Suite users to sync with Hexnode?
Once G Suite integrates with Hexnode, all the users and groups in G Suite will be displayed in Hexnode within a couple of minutes. The usual sync happens once in every week. Additionally, you can initiate a sync at any time by clicking on the refresh icon next to each domain.
3. Why should I choose Hexnode UEM when G Suite has its own mobile device management system?
Apart from iOS, macOS, Windows, Android, Hexnode also supports FireOS and tvOS devices. Google Endpoint Management (GEM) might help you achieve your basic requirements. Still, you might find it challenging to manage a diverse set of devices in your organization. Hexnode lets you have granular control over the devices you enroll, such as pushing app configurations for specific apps, and more.
4. Can I sync multiple domains with Hexnode?
You can sync more than one domain with Hexnode. All the domains in the account you linked will be listed in the Hexnode portal. You can select which all domains need to be synced.
The sync button at the beginning of the section is used to sync the whole G Suite domain to Hexnode. The admin can use this when sub-domains added to the account are not visible in Hexnode. The sync button next to each domain is used to sync that particular domain. Use this button if the complete users or groups of a particular domain are not visible in the Hexnode portal.
6. How many devices can I assign to a G Suite user?
You can enroll a maximum of ten devices via the Android Enterprise program for a G Suite user. After assigning 10 devices to the user, you cannot assign any more devices even if you reassign one device to a non-G Suite user.