Some situation demands you to restrict the users from accessing certain apps on their devices. Hexnode MDM enables you to build either a blacklist of apps or a whitelist of apps which allows you to identify the presence of blacklisted apps on the device. It marks the device as non-compliant if any of the blacklisted apps are available on the device.
To Blacklist / Whitelist apps
- Login to Hexnode MDM portal.
- Go to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- Tap on Windows Settings > App Management > Blacklisting / Whitelisting. Click on Configure.
- Choose the Blacklist / Whitelist option based on the requirement.
- Click on +Add to add either an App / App Group.
- Once you have selected the apps, click on Done.
To Associate Policies to Devices / Groups.
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies to device groups, user and user groups from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it by another method.
- From Policies, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets and select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply policy to the devices.