How to clear app data or cache on Android devices in bulk?
All applications collect user and device data to make the end-user experience better. Internet browsing applications are primarily known to accumulate large amounts of cached and user data on the device. Over time, the data may become insufficiently large, affecting the device’s performance and hindering the user’s productivity. Manually clearing the app data for multiple devices may lead to considerable downtime for the employees and the organization. With Hexnode UEM, you can remotely clear app data on multiple endpoints simultaneously. This feature can be used as the first step to troubleshoot malfunctioning applications.
Clear app data on Android devices
To clear app data of applications on multiple devices:
- Login to the Hexnode portal and navigate to Manage > Devices.
- Select the devices on which app data needs to be cleared by checking the box adjacent to them.
- Go to Actions > Clear App Data.
- Select the required application(s) and click on Next.
- Specify the number of selected applications and click on Clear Data.
To clear the app data from the Device Summary page of a particular device:
- Log in to your Hexnode UEM portal.
- On your dashboard, click on Manage > Devices.
- Click on a device name. You will be taken to the specific Device Summary page.
- Click on Applications. Here you will see a list of all installed apps on your device.
- Identify the app and click on Settings (gear icon) on the right. Choose “Clear App Data” from the drop-down list.
- If the action has been completed successfully, the “Clear App Data” action will be marked as Success in the Action History tab.
What happens at the device end?
App data of all the selected applications are cleared, and on the next use they open as newly installed applications.