All the certificates that contain digital data can be used for various purposes such as VPN credentials, identity certificate for Wifi etc. Therefore, Hexnode MDM enables you to add certificates for android devices.
To Add Certificate
- Login to your Hexnode MDM Portal.
- Go to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- From Android > Security, select Certificates and click on Configure.
- Click on Add Certificate and upload the credential certificate.
The certificate will have the following credentials.
- Credential Name: This field becomes visible once the certificate has been uploaded. It will be filled already. However, you can change the name if required. This name is merely to identify the certificate.
- Keystore: It specifies the purpose for which the certificate is used. It can take any of the following three options.
- Default: This allows the certificate to be used for any purpose within the device.
- WIFI: This allows the certificate to be used as identity certificate for WIFI.
- VPN and APPS: This allows the certificate to be used as VPN credentials.
- Credential details: It includes the details of the certificate such as Subject, Issuer and Expiry date.
To Associate Policies to Devices / Groups
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies to device groups, user and user groups from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it with another method.
- From Policies, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets and select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply policy to the devices.