Kiosk mode is a lockdown mechanism to limit your Android smartphone or tablet to a single app or a handful of applications of your choice. With Kiosk mode turned on, the Android device gets restricted to just the chosen applications. Other apps, device settings or even the notifications bar won’t be accessible to the user.
Creating a Kiosk Policy
- Go to Policies > New Policy > Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown – Multi App.
- Click Configure and click on the + icon.
- Select the apps you want to add from the list.
- Click Done.
If you want to associate the policy to devices right away:
- Click on Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices and select the devices from the list and click OK. You can also choose users, groups or domains as policy targets.
- Click Save.
If you want to associate the policy later:
- Go to Policies and select the kiosk policy.
- Click Manage and select Associate Targets.
- Select the devices from the list and click Associate.
Kiosk policy has been assigned to the target devices with the selected apps. Now you have got to turn on Kiosk mode on the devices.
Activating Kiosk Mode on Devices
Once the kiosk policy is associated with the device, the device will get prompt to activate the kiosk mode.
- In the Hexnode MDM app, tap Activate to enter the kiosk mode.
- Set Hexnode Kiosk Launcher as default.
Peripheral Settings includes the network, display, advanced lock, app settings, location, messenger and various other settings that can be configured while the device is locked in kiosk mode. Learn more.
Hexnode Kiosk Browser
Hexnode MDM enables safe browsing by restricting access to a few websites permitted by the enterprise through the kiosk browser.
Remotely Control Devices
Hexnode MDM’s Remote View and Control feature allows administrators to remotely view and control the screen of an enrolled device directly from the Hexnode MDM Console.
Download Hexnode MDM APK file
The Hexnode MDM APK file can be downloaded from the console itself by clicking Download Hexnode MDM under Android Kiosk Mode in Kiosk Settings or tap Hexnode MDM APK file.
Exit Kiosk Mode
Kiosk can be exited in many different ways based on different scenarios. Find out all about exiting kiosk mode here: How to exit Android kiosk mode.