Troubleshoot common app installation issues – Android Enterprise
App deployment is seamless and easier on devices enrolled in the Android Enterprise program. However, due to various reasons, the app installation initiated from the Hexnode MDM portal might fail. This troubleshooting doc helps resolve the issues with app installation on Android Enterprise devices.
1. Installation of Play Store apps failed
The Install Application action is executed on the device for a particular Play Store app, but the app is not installed. The Action History tab of the device shows Failed status for the given activity with the description “Please Open Play store”. Even after the action is initiated from the portal for a long time, the app installation is unsuccessful.
Google Play Services is suppressed or is outdated.
Google Play Services is required to install and update apps from Play Store. App installation might not work as expected if Play Services is not installed/updated on the device.
Remotely launch the Play Store app using the Remote App Launch action from the Hexnode portal. The Play Store and Play Services get updated automatically, and the action will re-initiate to push the app to the device.
Alternate solutions that can be performed from the device:
- Sometimes, the app installation will still be delayed on Android Enterprise – Profile Owner devices. In that case, open the Play Store app from the devices and check the Library section to verify if app installation has reached there. If the given application is not listed in the Library section, you will have to recreate the work account.
Before recreating the work account, delete the existing work account from the device by navigating to Settings > Accounts > Work. Then, initiate work account creation for the device from the Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to the Manage > Devices.
- Choose the device.
- On the Device Details page, move to Device Summary > Enrollment details > Work Account Creation status.
- You can directly initiate the work account creation by clicking on the retry button.
The Play Store and Play Services will be automatically updated after the work account is created.
- Clear the app data and cache for the Play Store application from the device settings. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Storage > Clear data. In the case of Android Enterprise – Profile Owner, choose the Play Store app from the Work Profile section under the device settings page.
2. Pushing Managed Google apps raises an error message
While pushing apps from Managed Google Play, an error message,” The admin of the enterprise has not accepted the Managed Google Play Terms of Service, the admin can visit play.google.com/work to accept them.” appears in action history.
This message appears because the admin has not accepted the terms of service of Managed Google Play. If the admin has not accepted the terms of service, they will not be able to install apps from Managed Google Play.
Accept the terms of service of Managed Google Play to access it. To accept the Managed Google Play agreement,
- Login to Managed Google Play with the administrator credentials.
- Read and accept the agreement give on the page.