How to set Lock Screen Message on iOS devices
Over the past years, technology in the workplace has advanced in leaps and bounds. More organizations are embracing the digital workplace by deploying personal or corporate devices to their employees.
However, one cannot ignore the fact that there are chances of your devices getting lost, misplaced, or even stolen. As long as an effective device management solution manages them, corporate data residing on them remains at risk. Hexnode UEM offers a bunch of security configurations that can protect and manage sensitive data on your devices. One such configuration is setting a lock screen message on iOS devices.
IT admins can remotely set a lock screen message on iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) via the Hexnode MDM console. If a device gets lost or misplaced, a suitable lock screen message will help the finder return the device to the owner. The admin can configure the lock screen message in all the devices remotely and edit them at any time.
Set lock screen message on iOS devices
To set up a lock screen message on your iOS devices via policy,
- Log in to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description (optional) for the policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing policy.
- Go to iOS > Configurations > Lock Screen Message. Click Configure.
- Add appropriate messages to be displayed:
- “If found, return to” Message: Enter a relevant message or information that may help in retrieving your devices that are lost or stolen.
- Asset Tag Information: Enter the asset tag information that is to be displayed on the login window and lock screen.
You can add wildcards as the Asset Tag information.
Asset Tag Information supports the use of the following wildcards:
This would help to create custom lock screen messages specific to each user. For example, if you use the wildcard %name%, the Asset Tag Information field gets populated with the name of the user assigned to that device.
Associate Policy with Devices
If the policy has not yet been saved,
- Move on to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policy to the devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies with Device Groups, Users, User Groups, or Domains from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it by another method.
- From Policies, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets, select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply the policy to the devices.
What happens at the device end?
Once the policy is applied, the lock screen message will be displayed on the device login window and lock screen.