Hexnode MDM enables you to set lock screen message on iOS device using Hexnode MDM. An employee in your organization may lose or misplace their devices which contains corporate data. This poses a severe threat to the organization. Hence, lock screen messages are enabled which helps in finding the device. The message sent through the server will be displayed on the lock screen.
To set lock screen message on iOS device
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Go to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- From iOS Settings select Lock screen message and click on Configure.
You will have the following options to be configured.
- “If found, return to..” Message: Enter a relevant message.
- Asset Tag Information: Enter other valid information.
To Associate Lock Screen Messages to Devices / Groups.
If the policy has not yet been saved,
- Move on to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policy to the devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies to device groups, user and user groups from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it by another method.
- From Policies, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets, select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply policy to the devices.
Here, once the policies have been applied, lock screen message will be displayed on the lock screen.
Lock Screen Message will be displayed as shown below.