Hexnode allows you to schedule OS updates on your Android devices remotely. This allows you to set a specific time period during which you want the system to be updated or even postpone the available update.
To schedule OS updates
- Navigate to Policies tab in your portal. Go to New Policy to create a new policy.
- Go to Android > OS updates > Configure > System update settings (Android Enterprise devices).
- You can schedule it as Default, Update automatically, Update during inactive hours, or Postpone updates.
|Default||The system updates as per the default configuration on the device.|
|Update automatically||Automatically download and install updates when they become available.|
|Update during inactive hours||Set the time period during which the device is inactive. The system will be updated during this period.|
|Postpone update||Postpone the device updates for up to 30 days.|
To Associate Policies to targets
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it with another method.
- From Policies, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage > Associate Targets and select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply policy to the devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies with device groups, users, user groups, or domain from Policy Targets.