CardDAV (vCard Extensions to WebDAV) is a protocol which can sync contacts from various email addresses with the iPhone/iPad.
Note: CardDAV settings are accessible on Pro, Enterprise and Ultimate plans.
To configure CalDAV,
- Select Policies from Hexnode MDM console.
- Add a new policy from New Policy button, or continue with an existing policy.
- Go to iOS Settings and select CardDAV.
|Account description||A name to get this CardDAV account noticed from other CardDAV accounts.|
|Account hostname||The host name of the server where the contacts are stored.|
|Port||The port number used. 8443 is used as the default port number.|
|Principal URL||The URL which gives information about the user’s CardDAV and CalDAV accounts. A user will have a single principal URL.|
|Account user name||The username of the account where contacts are saved, for authentication.|
|Account password||Password associated with the username.|
|Use SSL||SSL provides a secure (encrypted) connection between the iPhone/iPad and the server. Enabled by default.|
How to Associate a Policy to a Device/User or Groups?
Method 1: From Policy Targets tab inside while a policy is being set up
- Go to Policy Targets and select Devices, Device Groups, Users or User Groups from the left pane underneath.
- Select the devices, users or groups to which the policy needs to be applied.
Method 2: From policies list screen.
- From Policies, select the required policies
- Select Associate Targets from Manage drop-down.
- Select the devices to apply policies.