CardDAV (vCard Extensions to WebDAV) is a protocol which can sync contacts from various email addresses with the iPhone/iPad.
Note: CardDAV settings are accessible on Pro, Enterprise and Ultimate plans.
To configure CalDAV,
- Select Policies from Hexnode MDM console.
- Add a new policy from New Policy button, or continue with an existing policy.
- Go to iOS Settings and select CardDAV.
|Account description||The display name for this account. Type in a meaningful description. e.g. Company CardDAV account.|
|Account hostname||The host name of the server where the contacts are stored.|
|Port||The port number on which to connect to the CardDAV server. By default, it is 8443.|
|Principal URL||The URL which gives information about the user’s CardDAV and CalDAV accounts. A user will have a single principal URL.|
|Account user name||The username of the account where contacts are saved, for authentication.|
|Account password||Password associated with the username.|
|Use SSL||SSL provides a secure (encrypted) connection between the iPhone/iPad and the server. Enabled by default.|
To Sync Google Contacts in CardDAV
Google contacts now provides a CardDAV interface that you can use to view and manage your contacts using CardDAV protocol. Contacts are stored in user’s Google account; most Google services have access to the contact lists. The following information should be added:
|Account description||Any text/ name to identify the Google account.|
|Account host name||The host name of the server where contacts are stored. Google stores its contacts in the server google.com.|
|Port||The port number used. By default, it is 8443.|
|Principal URL||The principal URL to be used in this case google.com.|
|Account user name||You need to enter the full Google account or Google apps email address.|
|Account Password||An app-specific password must be used.|
|Use SSL||SSL provides a secure(encrypted) connection between the iPhone/iPad and the server. Enabled by default.|
How to Associate a Policy to a Device/User or Groups?
Method 1: From Policy Targets tab inside while a policy is being set up
- Go to Policy Targets tab and click on +Add devices. You can either choose devices, device groups, users, user groups or domains.
- Select the devices you want to associate the policy to and click Done.
Method 2: From policies list screen.
- Click on Policies, choose the policy to be associated to the device.
- From the Manage dropdown, select Associate targets.
- Pick up the devices to apply the policies.