Autonomous single app mode is a feature present in iOS 7.1 and above. The app which is configured as ASAM app will enter the kiosk/single app mode once logged in to and will exit the single app mode once the user finishes working with that app. This mode puts an app in foreground and makes sure that no other app, notification or action interrupt the functioning of this app.
- In class rooms while conducting a test or exam.
- While testing an app in bulk
The feature have some special requirements
- The iOS app should be configured to support this feature
- The device must be supervised
- The device must be enrolled in an MDM
- Requires additional restrictions
Set up Autonomous single app mode policy
- Go to Policies > New Policy > Kiosk settings.
- Name the policy and select Autonomous Single App mode under iOS Kiosk Settings.
- Click Configure and click on the + icon to add apps.
- Click Save