Autonomous single app mode is a feature present in iOS 7.0 and above. The app which is configured as ASAM app will enter the kiosk/single app mode once logged in to and will exit the single app mode once the user finishes working with that app. This mode puts an app in the foreground and makes sure that no other app, notification, or action interrupts the functioning of this app.
- In classrooms while conducting a test or exam.
- While testing an app in bulk.
This feature has some special requirements
- The iOS app should be configured to support this feature
- The device must be supervised
- The device must be enrolled in an MDM
- Requires additional restrictions
How to set up Autonomous single app mode with Hexnode
- Go to: Policies > New Policy > Kiosk Lockdown
- Name the policy and select Autonomous Single App mode under iOS Kiosk Lockdown
- Click Configure and click on the + icon to add apps.
- Now go to Policy targets.
- Choose from Devices, Device Groups, Users, User Groups or Domains.
- Click Save