Single app mode or kiosk mode is a feature where a mobile device is locked on to operate a single app. Converting an Android device to kiosk is a simple process when done with Hexnode MDM.
Create a single app kiosk policy for Android
- Go to Policies > Kiosk Settings > Android kiosk mode – Single App Kiosk.
- Click on the + icon and select the app from the list.
- Go to Auto Launch settings and select the auto launch delay.
- Save the policy.
Associating policy to devices
if you have already enrolled and grouped the devices
- Before saving the policy, click on Policy Targets > + Add Devices.
- Select the devices you want to convert to kiosk.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
if you want to assign the policy later
- Go to Policies > Select the kiosk policy.
- Click Manage > Associate Targets.
- Select the devices/users/device groups/user group/domain from the list and click Associate.
When a single app kiosk policy is created, the kiosk app will automatically become the auto launch app with launch delay of 0 sec. This means that the kiosk app will run in the foreground all the time. The device will not be able to exit the kiosk from the user end. However, the auto launch delay can be changed. The device will launch the app automatically if the device sits idle for the specified time period. Find out about auto launch settings here.