How to set up Google Account on iOS devices
Google account provides access to a wide range of online Google services. Using Hexnode UEM, you can set up Google email addresses on iOS devices. Once an account is configured, the device will prompt the user to enter the password for authentication. If authenticated successfully, a Google internet account is created on the device, and the user could also use other Google services associated with the account.
Configure Google account on iOS devices
To set up google account,
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Head on to Policies.
- Choose an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- Click on iOS > Accounts > Google Accounts > Configure.
- Click on +Add Accounts.
- Account description (Optional) – Provide a description for the Google account here. This will be shown in the Mail and Settings app.
- Account name (Optional) – Provide the user’s full name for the Google account. It appears in the sent messages.
- Email address – Provide the email address of the Google account to be configured. You can also use the wildcard %email% to dynamically fetch the email address of the user from the MDM.
- Audio Call App (Optional) – The application through which audio calls can be made to the contacts synced from the configured Google account. This feature is supported only on iOS version 10 and later.
Multiple accounts can be configured on a policy by clicking on the +Add Accounts. The policy can then be associated with the devices.
Associate Policy with Devices / Groups.
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies with device groups, users, and user groups from ‘Policy Targets’.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it by another method,
- From ‘Policies’, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets and select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply the policy to the devices.
What happens at the device end?
Once the policy is deployed, the device will prompt the user to enter the account password to complete the setup. The added Google account can be used with the Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Notes app after successfully authenticating. The account settings can be accessed from the Settings app under Mail/Contacts/Calendar/Notes > Accounts > Gmail.
The account can also be viewed under Settings > General > Device Management > Hexnode MDM > Accounts.