How to Delete User, Device Group or User Group?
Managing users or user groups in an organization have always been a tedious task for IT administrators. Enterprises may find it extremely useful if they can control and manage their users from a unified platform. Hexnode UEM makes it easier for admins to manage existing users, device groups, and user groups using remote commands.
The administrator can remove certain users or groups if they are found to be obsolete. You can delete users, device groups, or user groups to release all policies applied to them. This is totally different from deleting a device as only a pre-approved device can be deleted from the device list.
Deleting a user
If a user is deleted, all devices belonging to that user can either be disenrolled or assigned to a new user.
To delete a user,
- Go to the Manage tab.
- Click on Users.
- Check the users who are to be deleted.
- From Actions, select Delete User(s).
- Select an action from the list. On deleting a user, you can either remove the associated devices from the Hexnode console or assign them to a new user.
- Disenroll device: Deletes all policies and apps associated with a specific user from the device. Hexnode UEM cannot manage such devices any further until enrolled again.
- Assign to a new user: Any restrictions/configurations associated with the current user will be deleted and newer ones will be associated with the device. If you choose this option, you have to specify another user to assign the devices.
Deleting user or device group
Any policy associated with the user group or device group will be removed after they are deleted. However, policies associated with the device or user will bind to the device.
Delete user groups
To delete a user group,
- Go to the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Click on User Groups.
- Check the user groups which are to be deleted.
- From Actions, select Delete Group.
Delete device groups
Deleting a device group is similar to that of a user group. To delete a device group,
- Click on Device Groups from the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Check all device groups which are to be deleted.
- Select Delete Group from Actions.