Set up proxy globally on supervised iOS devices.
To set up a global proxy,
- Head on to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or add a new one.
- Under iOS Settings, click on HTTP Proxy.
Note: Global HTTP Proxy can be configured if you are on Enterprise or Ultimate pricing plan.
Global HTTP Proxy Specifications
- Proxy type: Select how you are going to set up the proxy. Choose manual or automatic setup and proceed to the section below to know more about the options displayed on the MDM console.
- Allow bypassing proxy to access captive networks: Check this option to disable proxy while accessing a captive portal. By default, this option is unchecked.
Here are the parameters which you’ll need while setting up proxy manually.
|Manual Proxy Settings||Description|
|Server||Server name or IP address of the proxy server.|
|Port||Port number of the proxy server.|
|Username||Username to get authenticated with the proxy server.|
|Password||Password associated with the username.|
Or else, if you go for automated proxy set up, have a look at these options.
|Automatic Proxy Settings||Description||Default|
|Proxy PAC URL||The URL of the PAC file where the proxy configuration is saved.|
|Allow direct connection if PAC is unreachable||If disallowed, the device is restricted from connecting to the destination address if PAC file is unreachable.||Disallowed|
How to Associate a Policy to a Device/User or Groups?
Method 1: From Policy Targets tab inside while a policy is being set up.
- Go to Policy Targets and select Devices, Device Groups, Users or User Groups from the left pane underneath.
- Select the devices, users or groups to which the policy needs to be applied.
Method 2: From policies list screen.
- From Policies, select the required policies.
- Select Associate Targets from Manage drop-down.
- Select the devices to apply policies.