Exchange ActiveSync syncs emails, attachments, calendar, contacts, and tasks between the device and your email account server. Hexnode MDM enables you to configure ActiveSync remotely and push it to the Windows devices over-the-air.
Configure Exchange ActiveSync
To configure Exchange ActiveSync settings,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal > Navigate to Policies tab > Click on New Policy to create a new one or click on any policy to edit an existing one > Enter the Policy Name and Description in the provided fields.
- Navigate to Windows > Select Exchange ActiveSync under Accounts > Click on Configure
- Configure Exchange ActiveSync settings.
|Domain||Enter the domain name of the Exchange server.|
|Account Name||Enter the name of the ActiveSync account.|
|Server Name||Enter the name or IP address of the server.|
|Email Address||Enter the email address of the user.|
|User Name||Enter the username for logging into your Exchange ActiveSync server.|
|Password||Enter the password associated with the ActiveSync username.|
|Use SSL||Select the option SSL to establish a safe and encrypted connection between the device and the ActiveSync server.
Disabled by default.
|Sync Interval||Select an option from Auto (sync in real-time), Manual, 15 Minutes, 30 Minutes, and 60 Minutes to schedule the time interval for syncing the emails and calendar events with the device.
By default, Sync Interval is set to Auto.
|Sync Timeframe||Select an option from For Ever, Three Days, One Week, Two Weeks, and One Month to set up the time bound for syncing the emails and calendar events that are on the server (for the specified time bound) with the device.
By default, Sync Timeframe is set to One Week.
Apply the ActiveSync Configuration to Devices/ Groups
There are two ways by which you can associate restrictions to the devices in bulk.
If you haven’t saved the policy yet,
- Navigate to Policy Targets
- Click on + Add Devices, search and select the required device(s) to which you need to apply the policy > Click OK
- Click on Save to apply the policies to the devices.
To associate the policies to a device group, select Device Groups from the left pane under Policy Targets, and follow the above instructions. Similarly, you can associate the policy to Users, User Groups, or Domains from the same pane.
If you’ve already saved the policy and taken to the page which displays the policy list,
- Select the required policy
- Click on Manage > select Associate Targets
- Select Device/ User/ Device Group/ User Group/ Domain
- Search and select the device(s)/ user(s)/ device group(s)/ user group(s)/ domain(s) to which you need to apply the policy > Click Associate.