Hexnode integrates so many useful features in Android Kiosk mode. One such functionality is hiding app icons in the kiosk mode. This is useful when the enterprise requires a particular app to be installed in an Android device but don’t want the user to tamper with it. When hidden, the app icon will not be shown in the kiosk launcher.
To hide an app in Android Kiosk mode
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Navigate to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- Select Background Apps from Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown.
- Click Configure and click on +Add to select the app you want to hide and run in the background.
- Click Done and save the policy.
Now when the device opens up as Kiosk, this particular app icon will not be shown.