Single App Kiosk mode allows the admin to restrict the users to a specific app on their devices. With Hexnode MDM, you can add Enterprise apps to kiosk mode. For an Apple TV to be put in single app mode, it needs to be supervised.
Create a Single App Kiosk Policy
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Go to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Blank Policy.
- From Kiosk Lockdown, select Apple TV Kiosk Lockdown – Single App and click on Configure.
- Click on the + icon and select the app from the list.
Hexnode MDM enables you to enforce additional restrictions over the single app kiosk mode. However, these features are supported by devices with OS version 7 and above.
Advanced Kiosk Settings
|Disable touch||Any input actions on the device can be prevented by enabling this option.|
|Disable auto lock||This option will stop the device from locking itself.|
|Enable voice over||Selecting this option will enable the voice over feature to have the on-screen content read aloud to you.|
|Enable zoom||The user can zoom the device screen only if this option is enabled (Not available when disable touch option is active).|
|Enable invert colors||This option, when checked gives the user with the ability to invert colors.|
|User Enabled Options|
|Voice over||This option, when checked allows the user to manually enable / disable the voice over feature in the device by triple clicking the menu button in the Apple TV remote.|
|Zoom||This option, when checked allows the user to manually enable / disable the zooming over the device by triple clicking the touch surface on the Apple TV remote.|
|Invert colors||This option, when checked gives the user with the ability to enable / disable the invert colors feature by triple clicking the home button in the Apple TV remote.|
To Associate Policies to Devices / Groups
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies to device groups, user and user groups from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it by another method.
- From Policies, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets and select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply policy to the devices.