How to set wallpaper on Android devices
The wallpaper on managed Android devices can be changed remotely with Hexnode MDM. The enterprise can display the company logo or anything they want as the wallpaper with zero device contact. With Hexnode endpoint management solution, you can remotely deploy wallpaper to multiple devices scattered all over the globe with just a single click in a matter of minutes.
Set wallpaper on Android devices
To set up wallpaper on Android devices using an MDM solution,
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Navigate to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking New Policy.
- Choose Wallpaper from Android → Configurations and click on Configure.
- On the Configure Wallpaper window, select Mobile Wallpaper or Tablet Wallpaper.
- Upload the image you want to set as wallpaper.
- Click Save.
Once the policy reaches the target entities, the wallpaper on those devices will get automatically changed to the specified one.
Associate Policies With Target Entities
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies to device groups, user and user groups from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it with another method.
- From “Policies”, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets and select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply the policy to the devices.
What Happens at the device end?
When a policy is associated with a device, the wallpaper changes. The Downloads tab in the Hexnode UEM/Hexnode for Work app helps users keep track of the download status of the wallpaper pushed from the Hexnode portal. As the download progresses, the Downloads tab displays the distributed files in either of the following sub-sections: Active, Failed, and Completed.
- Active: Displays ongoing downloads.
- Failed: Displays the files that failed to download.
- Completed: Lists all of the successfully downloaded files.
You can use the search option at the top of the Downloads tab to search any specific file. You can tap the ellipsis icon at the top right corner and click the Refresh button from the drop-down to refresh the download entries of the files pushed from the Hexnode portal. There is also a “Clear All” option to remove all the download entries. It will only remove the download entries from the Downloads tab, whereas the downloaded files will remain on the device.