Most of the devices today doesn’t have hardware buttons below the screen but uses on screen virtual buttons. These buttons referred to as Soft Keys or Navigation Bar (Home, Back and Recent buttons) were first introduced in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich devices.
Disabling Navigation Bar using Hexnode MDM
Following are the steps to disable Navigation Bar on Android Devices using Hexnode MDM.
- Log in to your Hexnode MDM Console.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy > Android Settings > Advanced Restrictions.Click on Configure.
- Under Display Settings, enable Modify System Bars option. This option allows you to enable/disable Status Bars and Navigation Bars.
- Hide Navigation Bar – Enable this option to hide the Navigation Bar. It can be enabled only if the Modify System Bar option is enabled. By default, Navigation Bar is enabled.
- Navigate to Policy Targets and click on the +Add Devices button to add the devices you wish to associate the policy to. Click on Save.
Policy Name– Enter a suitable name for your policy.
Description-Provide a brief description for your policy.