Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV) lets you sync calendar events and notifications from various email accounts to your devices and applications. Hexnode allows the admin to configure CalDAV settings from the Hexnode console.
Configure CalDAV via policy
To configure CalDAV via policy,
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description (optional) for the policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing policy.
- Go to iOS > Accounts > CalDAV. Click Configure.
|Account Description||Description to identify between various CalDAV accounts on the device.|
|Host Name||Domain name or IP address of the server.|
|Port||Port number of the server.|
|Principal URL||URL to access the user’s calendar. All iCloud calendar for the same users will have the same principal URL.|
|User Name||User’s account name. Supports the use of wildcards %email% and %alternateemail%.|
|Password||Password associated with the above-mentioned username.|
|Use SSL||Use SSL for establishing an encrypted connection between the device and the CalDAV server.|
Associate policy to devices/groups
If the policy has not been saved,
- Navigate to Policy Targets > +Add Devices.
- Choose the target devices and click OK. Click Save.
- You can also associate the policy with device groups, users, user groups or domains from the left pane of the Policy Targets tab.
If the policy has been saved,
- Go to Policies tab. Choose the desired policy.
- Click on Manage drop-down and select Associate Targets.
- Choose the target entities and click Associate.