CardDAV (vCard Extensions to WebDAV) is a protocol that allows the users to access and share contact data on a server. Hexnode allows the admin to configure CardDAV settings for Macs from the Hexnode console. With this functionality, Hexnode allows the admin to add a contacts account to the user’s device thus enabling them to synchronize contact data with any server that supports CardDAV.
Configure CardDAV settings via policy
To configure CardDAV settings on your Mac via policy,
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description (optional) for the policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing policy.
- Go to macOS > Accounts > CardDAV. Click Configure.
|Account Description||Provide a suitable display name for the account. This is merely for identification.|
|Host name||Provide the host name of the server where the contacts are stored.|
|Port||Provide the port number used to connect to the CardDAV server. The default port number is 8443.|
|User Name||Provide the username of the account where contacts are saved. Supports the use of wildcards %email% and %alternateemail%.|
|Password||Provide the password associated with the account.|
|Use SSL||Select this option to provide a secure (encrypted) connection between macOS and the server. Enabled by default.|
Associate policy to devices/ groups
If the policy has not been saved,
- Navigate to Policy Targets > +Add Devices.
- Choose the target entities and click Ok. Click Save.
- You can also choose to associate the policy with device groups, users, user groups or domains from the left pane of the Policy Targets tab.
If the policy has been saved,
- Choose the desired policy from the Policies tab.
- Click on Manage drop-down and select Associate Targets. Choose the target entities and click Associate.