Hexnode MDM allows you to enforce Location Services on Android devices completely over-the-air. By permanently enabling Location Services on Android devices, administrators can track the real-time device location information persistently. They can also fetch the complete history of locations traversed by the device previously.
Here’s the procedure to enforce Location Services on Android devices using Hexnode MDM.
- Log into your Hexnode MDM portal > Navigate to Policies tab > Click on New Policy to create a new one or click on any policy name to edit an existing one > Enter the Policy Name and Description in the provided fields.
- Head on to Android > Restrictions > Click on Configure
- Under Allow Developer Options, enable the following options:
- GPS – You can enable this option to let users turn ON/OFF Location Services on their Android devices. Disabling this option prevents users from turning ON the GPS that was previously OFF and vice-versa.
- Force GPS to fetch location – You can enable this option to enforce Location Services on Android device(s) and prevent users from turning it OFF.
- Navigate to Policy Targets > + Add Devices > Select the required device(s) to which the policy needs to be associated > Click OK
- Click Save.