Resolving issues encountered during Apple VPP integration with Hexnode on Apple TVs
Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP) is a one-stop solution through which Apps and Books can be purchased in bulk and distributed to corporate devices. Integrating Apple VPP with Hexnode UEM facilitates the deployment of VPP Apps and Books onto the target devices. Below are solutions to some common errors users might face while integrating Apple VPP onto tvOS devices using Hexnode UEM.
1. The VPP app is not installing on the device
VPP app pushed through the Hexnode console fails to install on tvOS devices.
Please ensure that the following possibilities have been considered:
- The app is properly associated with the device.
- The device can access vpp.itunes.apple.com through the proxy/firewall.
- The VPP sToken used to integrate with Hexnode is not shared with another MDM/UEM. This is to ensure that other MDM vendors will not revoke the licenses assigned to devices in Hexnode UEM.
2. Unable to deploy VPP apps to devices via Hexnode
The VPP app Install Application command in the Action History fails with an error message No available application license was found.
This may be because of the unavailability of unassigned app licenses. You can revoke the app licenses that are no longer required to acquire unassigned licenses or purchase new licenses for the app from the Apple Business Manager/ Apple School Manager console.
3. Unable to contact the VPP server for app sync.
The VPP apps purchased for your organizational account cannot be synced to Hexnode.
Hexnode server may not be able to communicate with the VPP server from where the apps are purchased.
If you are connected to the Internet via proxy or if your network has a firewall, make sure that the domain vpp.itunes.apple.com along with all the other ports and domains are whitelisted on it. Also, verify whether the Apple service is available at the moment.
This may also be because of the VPP token expiry. If the VPP token set up on the UEM server is expired, Hexnode and Apple VPP can no longer communicate with each other, thereby hindering the sync operation. Try renewing the VPP token to restore the communication.