Access Point Names (APN) are the settings that a phone needs to connect to the cellular network to access the internet and send multimedia messages. Hexnode allows the admin to configure APN settings from the MDM console.
Configure APN settings via Policy
To configure APN settings via policy,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description (optional) for the policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing policy.
- Go to iOS > Network > APN. Click Configure.
|Access Point Name (APN)||Name of the network’s access point. APN differs from network to network. Mandatory field.|
|Authentication Type||Security protocol used to send username and password to the server to establish a network connection. The available values are PAP and CHAP.|
|Access Point User Name||Username required to authenticate the access point. This field is optional.|
|Access Point Password||Password associated with the access point username.|
|Proxy Server||Set up a proxy server between the devices and the internet. Enter the server name or IP address of the proxy server.|
|Proxy Server Port||Port number of the proxy port.|
Associate policy to devices/groups
There are multiple ways to associate the policy to target entities.
Method 1: If the policy has not been saved,
- Navigate to Policy Targets> +Add Devices.
- Choose the target devices and click OK. Click Save.
- You can also choose to associate the policy to device groups, users, user groups or domains from the left pane of the Policy Targets tab.
Method 2: If the policy has been saved,
- Go to Policies tab. Choose the desired policy.
- Click on Manage drop-down and select Associate Targets.
- Choose the target entities and click Associate.