Access Point Names (APN) are the settings that a phone need to connect to the cellular network to access the internet and send multimedia messages. While configuring Access Points the APN field can’t be left empty, others are optional.
To configure APN with Hexnode MDM,
- Head on to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or add a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- Select APN from iOS Settings.
These are the options available in Hexnode MDM to configure APN.
- Access point name: The name of your network’s access point. APN differs from network to network.
- Access point username: The username required to authenticate the access point. This field is optional.
- Access point password: The password associated with the access point username.
- Proxy server: Set a proxy server between the devices and the internet. Provide the server name or IP address of the proxy server.
- Proxy server port: The port number for the proxy port.
How to Push APN Settings to Devices/Groups?
There are several methods to get a configured APN pushed to a device, two of which are explained here.
- If you are inside policy configuration screen, go to Policy Targets.
- Click on + Add Devices to add a device, or select a user, device group or user group from the left pane.
- If you are on the policy list screen, check a policy.
- From Manage, select Associate Targets and select the devices.