Hexnode MDM simplifies the process of app management in an organization with its mandatory apps feature for Mac devices. This ensures that all the requisite apps get installed to the devices, without any user intervention, with a simple policy push to the target entities.
Creating Mandatory app policy
Apps can be added to the Mac devices in bulk via the policy.
- From the Hexnode MDM dashboard, navigate to Policies -> New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description for the policy, or you can choose to continue with an existing policy.
- Choose macOS -> App Management -> Mandatory Apps. Click Configure.
- Click +Add to either add an app or an app group from the local apps repository.
- Choose the required apps from the list and click Done.
- You can review the apps chosen and remove any or all from the list, if needed.
- Next, associate the policy to the target device by clicking on Policy Targets -> +Add Devices.
- Choose the target device and click OK to confirm.
- Click Save.
Associating policies to target devices
If you are editing an existing policy and wish to associate the policy to more targets,
- Navigate to the Policies tab, select the policy and click on Manage -> Associate Targets.
- Add the target entities and click Associate.
You can also associate the policy from the Management tab, in two ways.
- Select the devices and click on Manage -> Associate Policy.
- Click on the target device, Actions -> Associate Policy.
As soon as the policy gets associated to the device, the app gets installed silently, without any user intervention.