How to enable users to check-in location from their Android devices?
Hexnode UEM enables users to add location notes from the enrolled devices while allowing the administrators to view them directly from the MDM console.
Enable Location Check-in on Android
To add location notes from the device,
- Enroll your Android device in Hexnode UEM > Open the Hexnode MDM app on the device.
- Tap on the Google Maps pin (teardrop-shaped icon).
- A prompt appears on the device screen where you can enter the location notes.
Enable Location Check-in on Android kiosk mode
Here’s how to enable users to add location notes on Android devices in kiosk mode.
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal > Navigate to Policies tab > Click on New Policy to create a new one or click on any policy name to edit an existing one > Enter the Policy Name and Description in the provided fields.
- Select Kiosk Lockdown.
- From Android Kiosk Lockdown, choose either Single App or Multi App.
On selecting Single App,
- Click Configure > Click on + button.
- Choose Select app to add an app in the single app kiosk mode.
Choose Select file shortcut to add a PDF file or a Video file in kiosk mode.
On selecting Multi App,
- Now, choose Peripheral Settings from Android Kiosk Lockdown > Click Configure.
- From Location, select the option Users can add location notes.
- Finally, go to Policy Targets > + Add Devices > Select the required device(s) to which the policy needs to be associated > Click OK.
- Click Save.
After associating the policy with the device,
- From the device, open the Hexnode MDM app and activate kiosk mode.
- Tap on Settings app > Tap on the Location Check-in pop-up that appears on the device screen.
- On the device, enter the location note in the Location Check-in prompt > Click Send.
View Location Notes
To view the location notes from the Hexnode MDM console,
Navigate to Reports tab > Select Location Reports > Location History.