Hexnode MDM enables users to add location notes from the enrolled devices while allowing the administrators to view them directly from the MDM console.
Enable Location Check-in on Android
To add location notes from the device,
- Enroll your Android device in Hexnode MDM > Open the Hexnode MDM app on the device.
- Tap on the Google Maps pin (teardrop-shaped icon).
- A prompt appears on the device screen where you can enter the location notes.
Enable Location Check-in on Android kiosk mode
Here’s how to enable users to add location notes on Android devices in kiosk mode.
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal > Navigate to Policies tab > Click on New Policy to create a new one or click on any policy name to edit an existing one > Enter the Policy Name and Description in the provided fields.
- Select Kiosk Lockdown
- From Android Kiosk Lockdown, choose either Single App or Multi App.
On selecting Single App,
- Click Configure > Click on + button.
- Choose Select app to add an app in the single app kiosk mode.
Choose Select file shortcut to add a PDF file or a Video file in kiosk mode.
On selecting Multi App,
- Now, choose Peripheral Settings from Android Kiosk Lockdown > Click Configure
- From Location, select the option Users can add location notes.
- Finally, go to Policy Targets > + Add Devices > Select the required device(s) to which the policy needs to be associated > Click OK
- Click Save.
After associating the policy with the device,
- From the device, open the Hexnode MDM app and activate kiosk mode.
- Tap on Settings app > Tap on the Location Check-in pop-up that appears on the device screen.
- On the device, enter the location note in the Location Check-in prompt > Click Send.
View Location Notes
To view the location notes from the Hexnode MDM console,
Navigate to Reports tab > Select Location Reports > Location History.