There might be many situations in which you would require an app data or cache to be cleared. For example, certain apps may store large amount of data that you no longer require. Or, you may wish to reset an app to its default state if it becomes faulty.
What should you do?
The first step towards fixing an app should be clearing the cache memory. However, if you wish to clear large volumes of data, wiping app data would be the ideal choice.
Clearing app data is more critical than clearing cache as it removes all your previously saved preferences and settings and resets apps to its default states. Anything saved in your app including images, videos etc. will be erased.
Hexnode MDM lets you clear app data of the apps installed in your devices. You won’t be able to clear the app cache alone. Rather you will be able to clear app cache along with app data as well.
Note: This feature works only for Samsung SAFE Devices.
Clearing Application Data or Cache with Hexnode MDM
- Log in to your Hexnode MDM Console.
- On your dashboard, click on Management. Head to Devices.
- Click on a device name. You will be taken to the specific device summary page.
- Click on Applications. Here you will see a list of all installed apps in your device.
- Identify the app and click on the erase button on the right.
- You will get a prompt saying “Action Initiation Executed”.
- Click on the bell icon at the top of the device summary page to see the status of recent actions. If your previous action has been completed successfully, you will be able to see a notification with the action message “Wipe App Data” and its status “Success” at the top of the list. Click on ‘see more’ to display the complete list of actions performed on your device.