Disenroll an employee’s device from Hexnode MDM if that employee does not belong to your organization anymore and that user’s devices need to be removed from Hexnode MDM. Disenrolling a device gives you an extra slot for another device to get enrolled in Hexnode MDM.
A device which is pre-approved can be deleted from the list by using the ‘Delete Device’ option in the Manage drop-down.
Disenrolling a device
To disenroll a device directly from Hexnode MDM console,
- From Management tab, check a device or devices which are to be disenrolled.
- Select Disenroll from the Manage drop-down.
- Click on YES in the confirmation dialog.
- Enter the password of your Hexnode MDM portal and click OK.
This will initiate disenrollment and the process will be completed as soon as the device gets connected to a network.
If you would like to Disenroll a single device, you can:
- Select the Device from Management tab.
- From Actions drop-down select Disenroll Device.
- Click Yes on the pop-up window.
- Enter password of your Hexnode MDM portal and click Ok.
Hexnode MDM leaves you with the choice of disenrolling the device assigned to a user if the user is deleted. Learn how to disenroll a device while deleting its user.
Marking Devices as Disenrolled
To remove a device from the list of devices before the disenrollment is complete,
- Go to Management tab.
- Click on the device name.
- From Actions, select Mark as disenrolled.
Delete a Pre-approved Device
If you enroll a pre-approved device and the user haven’t enrolled the device, then the device can be deleted from Hexnode MDM. If a user enrolled the device already, disenroll the device to remove it from Hexnode MDM server.
To delete a pre-approved device,
- From Management tab, check the devices that are to be deleted.
- Select Delete Device from Manage.
- Confirm by clicking on OK button.