Hexnode MDM lets you import your Active Directory into Hexnode and apply policies straight to the existing users, groups or organizational units (OUs). No hassle of adding users manually.
Start by setting up your Active Directory.
- Navigate to Admin > Active Directory.
- If you have already configured an AD, it will be displayed here. You can click open it to edit the current settings.
Let’s now add a new Active Directory
Click on the empty slot with the + sign and provide your domain details.
- Domain Name – Provide the Active Directory Domain name. It can be the same as the organization’s public name, sub-domain or alternate names which may end in .local.
- Domain Controller –Provide the Domain Controller Name.
- Domain\User Name – Enter the domain name and user name in the specified format.
- Password – Enter the password.
- Select Agent – Select the AD agent from the drop-down list. Click on Add New Agent to add a new agent.
- Selected OUs – All OUs in the domain will be selected by default. Click Change to select a specified OU.
- Allow Self Enroll – Checking this option enables users in this domain to enroll directly from the portal without any enrollment requests.
Schedule Sync: You can choose here, how often you want the AD to be synced with Hexnode MDM. You can select the days of the week you want synchronization to occur. You can also schedule a daily sync and choose the time of the day.
Once you are done, click Save. Your Active Directory will be synced with Hexnode MDM databases.