1. How to unmanage a DEP enrolled Apple device?
A simple factory reset on the device won’t be enough to unmanage the device enrolled via Apple DEP. Instead, the managed device must first be removed from the DEP server thus automatically removing it from the Apple Business Manager (ABM) portal and then a reset be initiated on the device in Recovery Mode to unmanage the device. To re-associate the device with DEP, the admin should repeat the steps to add the device in DEP.
A disenroll action (Manage > Devices > Choose target device > Actions > Disenroll Device) from the Hexnode MDM portal would remove the device from the MDM console thus preventing the admin from further controlling the device, keeping the device associated with DEP.
2. What are the prerequisites for enrolling an iOS device using Apple Configurator?
The essential pre-requisites to be met before enrolling iOS devices using Apple Configurator are as follows:
- Before enrolling the device, make sure it is not previously linked to an Apple ID.
- Turn off Find my iPhone on the device to disable the activation lock.
3. How to remove iOS device supervision and Android Device Owner provisioning?
Supervision, as well as Device Owner provisioning, are mechanisms that impart additional control over the managed devices thus unlocking advanced restrictions and configurations. Both the services can be undone by a simple factory reset of the device.
4. Explain the ways in which you can update the username and email address of an enrolled device?
Hexnode allows the administrator to modify the username and email address associated with enrolled devices without having to re-enroll the devices. The associated credentials can be modified by following the below steps:
- Navigate to Manage > Users and choose the target user.
- Click Actions on the right and select the Edit User option.
- Enter the new username and email address and click Save.
The modified changes will immediately reflect on both the enrolled device and the Hexnode MDM console.
5. Is it possible to enroll a non-authorized reseller purchased device using Apple DEP?
Only devices purchased from Apple or Apple-authorized resellers can be enrolled using Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP). However, devices running iOS 11 and above can be enrolled into DEP using Apple Configurator, regardless of how and from where they are purchased.
6. How to change the email address of an admin/technician in Hexnode?
To change the email address with which the admin signs up on MDM cloud, go to Admin > Technicians and Roles and click on the edit icon adjacent to the listed technician. Here, the admin can edit the email address and other credentials.
7. How to check if a work profile has been installed on your managed Android device?
Work profiles are installed when an Android device is enrolled in Android Enterprise via Hexnode MDM. To verify whether a work profile has been installed in the managed Android device, go to Settings > Accounts, the work profile, named Managed Account, will be listed.
8. How can you remove the work profile from a managed Android device?
To remove a work profile from the managed Android devices, go to Settings > Accounts, choose the managed work profile and click Remove Account. This would remove the work profile from the device. The same can be reconfigured via the Hexnode for Work app interface. After removing the work profile, go to the Hexnode for Work app. On the home screen, the admin will find the option to reconfigure the work profile. Click SET UP.
9. Why is that the users are not receiving the enrollment request via mail, despite the invitation being sent?
- Ensure that the prerequisites are configured:
- Make sure that you enable authentication mode via email.
- Go to Enroll > Settings.
- Under Request Modes > check Email.
- Under Authentication Modes > check Enforce authentication and click on Save.
- Check to make sure that the mail has not fallen into the Spam/Junk folder and correct the mail spam/Junk filter criteria if it is required.
- Check your anti-virus configuration to ensure it has not blocked the enrollment requests from being sent.
- If the POP/IMAP setup is configured, ensure that it is not blocking the enrollment requests from being sent.
- Verify the mail ID that is being used is valid and make sure it is not in the blocked list.
- Make sure Hexnode’s domain is not blocked by spam/firewall filters.
- On-premises configuration should be checked to verify whether the mail configurations have been correctly applied.