Hexnode allows you to update the Hexnode app added as a system app in ROM enrolled devices using any of these methods.
Method 1: Push the app as Mandatory app.
Method 2: Push the app directly via Install Application action.
To update Hexnode app to the latest version, initially, you need to add the app in the app inventory.
Add App to the Hexnode App Inventory
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Navigate to Apps tab.
- Click on +Add Apps and select Enterprise App.
- Provide the app details and upload the new APK file.
- Click on Add.
Method 1: Push the app as Mandatory app
- Navigate to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- From Android > App Management, select Mandatory Apps and click on Configure.
- Click on +Add > Add App.
- Select the app and click on Done.
Method 2: Push the app directly via Install Application Action
- Go to Manage.
- Select the device on which the app is to be updated.
- Click on Manage > Install Application.
- Choose the app and click Done.
Associate the policy to target devices
You can associate the policy to devices by two methods.
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies to device groups, user and user groups from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it with another method.
- From Policies, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets and select the devices.
- Click on Associate to apply the policy to the devices.