Hexnode MDM needs the device to be scanned to fetch the device details and to know whether the policies had been successfully associated with the device. A device scan is performed automatically. However, a manual scan can be initiated from the console. A manual scan may come in handy when you want to get the latest device and app information or to check if the device is reachable.
Scanning Device Manually
To scan a device manually,
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Navigate to Manage > Devices.
- Click on a device.
- From Actions, select Scan Device.
- You can check whether the scan is successful from the Action History.
- Upon successful scan, reload the page to view changes.
Scanning Devices Automatically
Hexnode MDM automatically scan a device when it is enrolled in the MDM. Apart from this, a device scan can be scheduled daily or weekly, as per requirement. To schedule a device scan,
- Navigate to Admin > General Settings.
- Under Scheduled device scan, set the values accordingly.
- Time settings – Let you choose whether a device scan should be initiated on a daily or weekly basis.
- Select Time settings as Weekly to select which day in a week a device scan should be initiated.
- Set the hour and minute when the device scan should be started.
- Save the settings.