Mobile devices can be restarted remotely from Hexnode MDM. Note that there will not be any prompts to restart the device at the user’s end, so any work which is left halfway will be lost.
Things you need:
- A device running Android, iOS or Windows. More specifically,
- A Samsung SAFE, a rooted Android, an Android device with Hexnode MDM as one of the system apps, or an Android device with version 7.0 and above, enrolled in Android in the Enterprise (Android for Work) program with Hexnode for Work app as the device owner,
- A supervised iPhone or iPad running iOS 10.3 or above, or
- A Windows Device (Phone or PC) running Windows 10 (Version 1607) or above.
- Device enrolled in Hexnode MDM.
Restart a Device using Hexnode MDM
To restart a device remotely,
- Go to Management from Hexnode MDM console.
- Check the required devices.
- Select Restart Device from Manage.
- Click on Restart in the confirmation dialog.
The devices will restart instantly if you confirm restart. Any policy you’ve configured on the device won’t affect the reboot.