Stream contents from iTunes to your Apple TV or Airplay-enabled speakers. Airplay-based policy for iOS lets your iOS device connect to an AirPlay-enabled device on the same network.
How AirPlay-based Policies can be Configured on iOS?
AirPlay-based settings for iOS devices can be configured from Policies tab.
- Head on to Policies tab in Hexnode MDM console.
- Continue with an existing policy, or create a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- From iOS Settings, select AirPlay.
Click on Add Airplay device to add a new AirPlay-enabled device. Then enter the
- Device name – To identify an AirPlay-enabled device, provide its name.
- Password – The password to establish a connection between the devices.
Once a device is added, you’ll get three additional options.
- Remove all – This option is displayed on top of the device listing and it’ll remove every device from the list.
- Edit – Displayed to the right of each device listing, this option lets you edit the device name and password of the existing AirPlay-enabled devices.
- Delete – Delete a device from the list.
How to Associate AirPlay-based Configuration to the Devices/Groups?
To associate AirPlay-based configuration with a device,
- From Policy Targets tab, click on + Add Devices.
- Search and select all devices to which the configuration needs to the applied.
You can associate the configuration with device groups, users or user groups from Policy Targets.
To associate the policy from the page listing the policies,
- Check the policies that are needed to be associated with a device.
- From Manage, select Associate Targets.
- Select the devices.