Hexnode Notifications App not installed upon Windows device enrollment
1. The Hexnode Notifications app remains in the installation-initiated state after enrollment and is not getting installed.
This may be because your firewall might have blocked app installation from the Microsoft Store.
If there is a firewall between the Microsoft Store and the internet, it might block the HTTP and HTTPS ports used for client-to-site communication.
To allow the Microsoft Store through the firewall, add it to the list of apps that are permitted to communicate through the firewall.
If you are using the Windows Defender Firewall,
- Search for Firewall & network protection in the Start menu from the taskbar.
- Click on Allow an app through the firewall.
- Select Change Settings.
- Look for Microsoft Store among the apps.
- Check the box next to it and make sure the domains: Public and Private are ticked for Store. This will allow access to the app store.
On adding Microsoft Store to the allowed list of apps, the Store app can enable/disable the device to communicate through the firewall, when needed, in real-time. The firewall can block this traffic in all other cases.