Defining mandatory apps helps to ensure that all the essential apps have been installed on the device. This can be done by pushing the apps as mandatory. Mandatory apps work in combination with policy. You create a policy with the list of essential apps and assign it to any entity-user, device, group or domain. The selected apps will be pushed to all the devices that fall under target entity.
Add Mandatory Apps via Policy
To add apps in bulk on your Android device,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing policy.
- For Android devices, choose Mandatory apps from App Management list.
- Click on +Add to either add an app or a group of apps from the app inventory.
- Choose the required apps from the list of apps and click Done.
- Then associate the policy to target devices. Go to Policy targets and click on +Add devices.
- Select the device you want to associate the policy to and click on OK to confirm. You can also associate this policy to a device, group or even a domain.
- Click on Save.
Policy Name– Assign a suitable name for the policy. This field is mandatory.
Description– Add a brief description for the policy.
You have now successfully add a list of mandatory apps for the user. All the apps in the list will be installed on the user device.
Remove Apps from Device on Policy Removal
You can also remove the app from the device in case the policy is deleted or disassociated from the device or when the app is removed from the policy by enabling the option Remove apps from the device on policy removal.