Occasionally after an app update we find that the new version of the app does not suite us. Even with one device, manually downgrading an app takes up some time. In a business case scenario, manually downgrading an app on all corporate owned work devices would prove to be quite tedious.
With Hexnode MDM, you can downgrade enterprise apps remotely on all enrolled devices. There are a few scenarios to be considered here:
- In a rooted device, device with Hexnode MDM as a system app, Samsung SAFE device, LG GATE, Kyocera business phones and devices enrolled in Android in the Enterprise (Android for Work) program, the downgrading happens silently.
- For a device in Kiosk mode, the device will ask permissions but there won’t be an option to skip the downgrading process.
To downgrade an enterprise app in the Kiosk mode
- Go to Policies and select the Kiosk policy with the app you want to downgrade.
- Delete the app from the list and add the app with lower version.
- Save the policy.
- On the device, the app icon will show a picture of wrench. Click on the app and it will ask for permission to uninstall. Click OK.
- Once you’ve uninstalled the higher version, the lower version app will ask for permission to install. Click Install.
In the Kiosk mode, a store app can be downgraded with the apk file of the lower version app.