Enrolling your organization in Volume Purchase Program is pretty simple and typically takes only a few minutes to complete.
Before you get started with Volume Purchase Program, you need to ensure that you have all the necessary requirements for setting up your account.
- A DEP Account/ New Account
- Supported browsers
- D-U-N-S number
If you have a DEP account, then you can use the same account to enroll in VPP. Sign in to Apple Deployment Program using the Apple ID used for DEP account. Click on Enrol link corresponding to Volume Purchase Program and proceed with the enrollment process. Otherwise, you need to create a new account for VPP. This account will be known as the Agent account. In the former case, your DEP account will act as the agent account.
Safari on macOS – 6.0.3 or later
Internet Explorer on Windows – 9.0.8 or later
Google Chrome – 27.0.1 or later
The D-U-N-S number (Data Universal Numbering System) is a system developed by Dunn & Bradstreet that assigns a unique nine-digit number to a business entity for identifying them on a location-specific basis. It is a requirement if you want to enroll your devices under Apple Deployment programs.
Once all the necessary information is ready, let’s create a new account for VPP.
Create a new Agent Account
- Open Apple’s Deployment Program website.
- Choose your country or region from the bottom right-hand corner of the window.
- Click Enrol Now link.
- Next, click on Enrol link corresponding to ‘Volume Purchase Programme’.
- Input the information necessary for creating the VPP account. The following information is required.
- Click Next to review the details.
Organization Type – Indicates whether your organization is a business/educational organization.
First Name and Last Name – First and Last Name of the authority enrolling on behalf of the business.
Job Title – Designation of the authority enrolling on behalf of the business.
Work email – An email address that is not associated with any Apple Services or websites. (iTunes, iCloud).
Enable 2 step verification
Before you can proceed further, you need to verify your email address and enable two-step verification.
- Check for an email with the subject line “Enrol your Organization in Apple Deployment Programmes”. This email would contain your new apple id along with a temporary password.
- Click on the Sign In link in the email which will take you to the Apple ID website. Login using your new Apple Id and temporary password.
- It is recommended that you change your password before verifying your email address.
- Click Continue to verify your Apple ID email address.
- Now, check your email for a message with subject line “Verify your email address”.This email would contain a 6 digit verification code. Make a note of this code.
- Navigate to Apple Id website, sign in using your apple id and new password.
- Enter the 6 digit verification code obtained in step 5.Click Continue.
- You must answer the security questions before you can continue.Once completed, click Update.
- Your Apple ID details have been updated successfully. Click Continue.
- On the account details page, click on “Get Started” under two-step verification. Follow the instructions to enable two-step verification.
- This process uses a trusted device to send a verification code each time an account information change is requested. If the code is entered correctly, then the changes are updated. Otherwise, you will receive an email stating that a change was attempted. Click Continue.
- Click on Add telephone number to add the telephone number for the trusted device. You will receive verification codes to this number when signing in. Click Continue.
- You will receive a test code on your device which you should enter to ensure that your device is trustworthy.
- Next, you will receive a recovery key which can be used if you forget your password or the device is lost. Once you have saved the recovery key, click Continue.
- Enter the recovery key obtained in the previous step in the textbox provided and click Confirm.
- The following page displays the conditions to be fulfilled to enable two-step verification. Select the checkbox to agree to the conditions and click on Enable two-step verification button.
- Sign out of the website.
Complete Enrollment Process
Once you have enabled the two-step verification, you need to complete the pending enrollment steps. For this, you need to,
- Sign in to Apple’s Deployment Program. Click on “Additional Details Required” link corresponding to Volume Purchase Programme.
- Enter the verification contact details. This is the contact information of the person who can verify that you have the authority to enroll your organization in VPP on behalf of your organization. Click Next.
- Enter your business information. This would include the D-U-N-S number for your company. Apple will compare your D-U-N-S number with D & B database. Ensure that all the information entered in the fields are the same as the information submitted when applying for DUNS number. If there are inconsistencies with the information you have provided, you will be asked to rectify it immediately. Click next.
- Review the details you have entered and click Submit.
Accept terms and conditions
Once approved, you will get a confirmation email from Apple, stating your organization has been approved by VPP.
Before the enrollment is complete, you need to sign in to Apple Deployment Program, review the agreement and accept the terms and conditions.
You have now successfully enrolled your organization in VPP. You can now configure VPP settings in Hexnode MDM.