Distribute Apple TV Enterprise Apps
Like any other enterprise apps, Apple TV enterprise apps are developed and used within a company, and are not available in the App Store. Apple has initiated the Apple Developer Enterprise Program for large organizations to develop apps for in-house use. The deployment of these apps to individual devices is a hefty task. However, you can now deploy enterprise apps to tvOS devices in bulk using Hexnode.
Add Apple TV Enterprise Apps to Hexnode
- On your Hexnode portal, go to Apps > +Add Apps > Enterprise Apps > to add a new enterprise app.
- From the pop-up window, select the radio button next to the Apple TV icon to define the app platform.
- You can either Upload With:
- IPA file: Click on Choose File and select a file from your system.
- From Manifest URL: Input a URL where the app resides.
- Select a category or input a new category by clicking on the + button.
- Input a description of the app.
- You can also check the Notify admin via email once app upload succeeds/fails to notify the admin via email about the app update status.
- Click on Add to upload the app.
Install the App to target devices
- Navigate to the Manage tab.
- Click on the device name.
- Select Actions > Install Applications.
- Select Application and click Done.
Once the Install Application action is executed, the app installation proceeds silently on the device.