Hexnode provides a wide range of app management capabilities to meet your enterprise requirements. Deploy custom-made enterprise apps and apps from the App Store to iOS devices very easily using Hexnode.
Add and distribute store apps to devices
Add an app to MDM console
Add an app to MDM console to have it quickly installed on selected devices at a later stage.
- Go to Apps tab.
- Select +Add apps > Store App.
- Select iOS
- Search the app using the search box. Additionally, you can select a country to get the apps from the App Store of a particular country.
- To add an app, click on the Add button to the right of the required app.
- Click Done.
Install app from App Store directly to selected devices
- Go to Manage tab and select devices.
- Select Actions > Install application.
- Click on Public Store > Apple radio button and search for apps.
- Check all apps required and click Done.
Add and distribute Enterprise apps to devices
To add an enterprise app,
- Go to Apps tab.
- Select +Add apps > Enterprise app.
- Select the radio button with Apple’s icon.
- There will be two options available:
- Upload with IPA file: Click on Choose File and select an IPA file from your system. OR
- Upload from manifest URL: Provide the URL for the location where the app resides.
- Select a category available from the list. To add missing categories, press the add (+) button and type in the category.
- Give a description of the app in Description text box.
- There’ll be two advanced settings – Remove on Disenroll and Prevent App Backup.
- Remove on Disenroll option will uninstall the Enterprise app if the device is disenrolled.
- Prevent App Backup will prevent the app data from backing up.
Add VPP apps
Apple introduces the Volume Purchase Program in order to enable the enterprises to find, purchase, and distribute apps and books in bulk. The apps may be store apps or enterprise apps. You can also distribute custom B2B apps to your customers using Apple VPP. Get to know more about installing VPP apps to your device by following the link below:
Install VPP Apps
Install apps from Actions
There are two ways to install any previously added app(s):
- Go to Managetab, select device(s). Choose Actions > Install application. Select the app(s) from list and click Done.
- Click on a device name. Select Actions > Install application. Select the app(s) from list and click Done.
Select the radio button for iOS to get a filtered list of applications that work on the iOS platform.
Install apps from Policies
You can also add an App Store app or an Enterprise app from Policies.
Set mandatory apps
- Go to Policies and name it.
- Click on iOS>App Management > Mandatory Apps > +Add. Select Add Apps or Add Group.
- Select the apps already added to the console or go to Apps tab and add apps from the App Store. If you’ve created an App Group in Apps tab, then select the app group from the list.
Select an app catalog
- Go to Policies and create a new policy.
- Click on iOS>App Management > Catalog > Add Catalog.
- Select the catalogs you need to add, and click on Done.
Associate policy to Target devices
If you haven’t saved your policy,
- Navigate to Policy Targets
- Click on +Add devices to add the devices you wish to associate the policy to.
- Click Save.
If you have saved your policy,
- Navigate to Manage > Devices.
- Select the devices
- Click on Actions > Associate Policy
- Select the policy and click on Associate.
- Navigate to Policies.
- Search and select the policy you wish to associate the devices to.
- Click Manage > Associate Targets.
- Select the devices you wish to associate the policy to. You can also associate the policy to devices groups, users, user groups and even domains.
- Click on Associate.