How to Silently Install Enterprise Apps on Android Enterprise enabled Devices in Kiosk Mode
Enterprise/In-house apps are private applications developed by an organization to serve a specific purpose. The enterprise apps are custom-generated applications to solve business problems or to help the employees perform their daily jobs. Hence, the enterprise apps are bound to in-house distribution and are not hosted on Google Play. Enterprise apps can be easily pushed onto devices via an MDM console. Hexnode supports the silent installation of in-house apps on Android Enterprise-enabled devices in kiosk mode.
Push the Enterprise Apps on Android Enterprise Enabled Devices in Kiosk Mode
To install an enterprise app on Android Enterprise enabled devices in kiosk mode,
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Go to Policies > New Policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing one.
- Policy Name– Assign a suitable name for the policy. This field is mandatory.
- Description– Add a suitable brief description for the policy.
- Navigate to Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown > Multi App. Click on Configure.
- Hit on the + icon to choose the apps or the file shortcuts you want to add in the Multi App Kiosk. Click Done.
- Next, associate the policy to target devices by navigating to Policy Targets and select the required Devices/Device Groups/Users/User Groups/Domains to which the policy is to be associated
- Choose the device you want to associate the policy to and click OK.
- Click Save to save the policy.
Once the device gets locked down in kiosk mode, follow the below steps:
- Go to Manage and choose the target device.
- On the device’s page, go to Actions and select Install Application.
- Choose the app to be installed from the list of applications and click on Done. The app gets silently installed on the device.
- Now, go back to Policies and re-edit the previous policy. Add the enterprise app to it and click Save.
The policy gets associated with the target device and the application is silently installed.