How to lock an Apple TV onto single app mode
Single app kiosk mode restricts Apple TV usage to a single app. Devices in single app mode run a single application, serving a specific purpose. As per the enterprise requirements, admins can set up an in-house app or a store app in Apple TV’s app Kiosk.
Create Single App Kiosk policy for Apple TV
- Login to your Hexnode UEM portal.
- Go to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Blank Policy.
- From Kiosk Lockdown, select Apple TV Kiosk Lockdown – Single App and click on Configure.
- Click on the + icon and select the app from the list.
Hexnode UEM enables you to enforce additional restrictions for Apple TV Kiosk. However, these features are supported by devices with OS version 10.2 and above.
Advanced Kiosk Settings
|Any input actions on the device can be prevented by enabling this option.
|Disable auto lock
|This option will stop the device from locking itself.
|Selecting this option will enable the voice over feature to have the on-screen content read aloud to you.
|The user can zoom the device screen only if this option is enabled (Not available when disable touch option is active).
|Enable invert colors
|This option, when checked gives the user the ability to enable the invert colors option.
|User Enabled Options
|This option, when checked allows the user to manually enable/disable the voice over feature in the device by triple-clicking the menu button on the Apple TV remote.
|This option, when checked allows the user to manually enable/disable the zooming feature. This can be done by triple-clicking the touch surface on the Apple TV remote.
|This option, when checked gives the user the ability to enable/disable the invert colors feature. This can be done by triple-clicking the home button on the Apple TV remote.
Associate policies with devices/groups
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies with device groups, users, and user groups from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, it can be associated via the following method.
- From Policies, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets and select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply the policy to the devices.