HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Set passcode for WindowsSolved

Participant
Discussion
4 years ago

Can we set specific password for windows devices? Or is that certain rules can be set? Confused a little!

Replies (7)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 years ago

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

We do not have a feature to set a specific password for a device. You can configure a set of rules such that the device user will be forced to set a password that will meet the conditions specified.
To set the passcode rule, please navigate to Policies-> Windows-> Password and click on Configure. You will be able to see the set the options to be configured to create the passcode rules. Please configure the same and note to associate policy targets before saving the policy.

Kindly use the help link to know more about the same.

Cheers!
Grace baker
Hexnode MDM

Participant
3 years ago

Not all my configurations in the password policy gets applied to the device. Any idea why?

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hello Aitana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please be more specific as to which all settings didn’t get applied? That will help us to pinpoint the cause faster.

Deborah Timothy
Hexnode UEM

Participant
3 years ago

Sorry. My bad! The auto-lock is not working.  Had configured 5 minutes in the portal but the device gets locked even before that.  If it is of any help- it is a windows 10 Home device.

Participant
3 years ago

Where exactly did u see this auto-lock settings on the device. Because I cannot find it.

Participant
3 years ago

Searched for Screen Saver Settings in the search bar of windows. I assume the Wait time indicates the time of inactivity after which the device will get locked.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

The auto-lock settings can be seen under the Screen Saver Settings of the device. The password policy works on all editions of Windows devices. However, some devices require a device restart for the complete password policy to take effect. Try restarting the device (use Restart Device from the Hexnode portal to do it remotely!) and check if the issue persists. Also, note that this kind of customization will only work on Activated Windows.

Cheers!!
Deborah Timothy
Hexnode UEM