Restrict students from accessing unwanted content.

expand collapsive

Hi!

We make use of iOS devices for students. I wish to know if I can restrict my students from using specific websites…what should I do?

All Replies

• Hexnode

Archer

Hey @smed,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

You can restrict students from accessing websites prohibited by your institution using Hexnode’s Web Content filtering feature.

To configure this,

1. Navigate to Policies > iOS > Web Content filtering.
    2. Choose the required Filter type, ie. Whitelist and enter the valid URLs to be whitelisted. This would allow access only to the whitelisted URLs, thus preventing access to all other URLs.

Please note that the feature is supported only on supervised iOS devices with OS version 7 and above.

Blacklisting a URL restricts access to that website through a web browser only, not its corresponding app. device. In such cases, Hexnode allows you to blacklist/whitelist such applications.

Hopes this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Archer Woods
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Sybylla

Participant

I have a query…. we have iOS and macOS devices at our institution. Will the “Web content filtering” feature you mentioned work only on Safari browser or on Chrome and other browsers also?

• Hexnode

Archer

Hey @sybylla,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Yes, using the Web Content filtering feature, you can Blacklist/Whitelist websites on any Web browser like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, to name a few.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Archer Woods
    Hexnode UEM