- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Grace Baker. This post has been viewed 898 times
November 20, 2017 at 5:46 am #922Trudy
Hi, is there a way to exit Single App Kiosk Mode in Hexnode MDM? The password after tapping 10 times
only seems to appear on the kiosk home screen which is never open in single app modeNovember 20, 2017 at 5:59 am #926Hexnode SupportHexnode MDM2 pts
When a single app kiosk policy is created, the kiosk app will automatically become the auto launch app with launch delay of 0 sec. This causes the app to run in the foreground all the time thereby restricting users from exiting the single app mode. However, the Auto Launch Delay can be varied by setting the delay to a specific time period. The app will launch automatically after the specified auto launch period. By setting a delay, you can exit to the kiosk home screen and tap ten times to exit the kiosk mode.
You can configure auto launch settings as mentioned below.
- Log in to your MDM Console.
- Navigate to Policies. Click on the kiosk policy name to edit an existing policy or New Policy to create a new one.
- Click on Android Settings > Kiosk Settings.
- Select Single App Mode if you want to lock down your devices into a single app or Multi App Mode if you want to restrict your devices to selective applications.
- Click on Auto Launch Settings > Configure.
- Enter a suitable App Auto Launch Delay in the space provided. Click on Save.
- Navigate to Policy Targets and add the device name(s) you wish to associate the policy to. Click on Save.
The video below depicts how you can exit from Kiosk mode.
Thanks and regards
Hexnode Support Team
+1-866-498-9407 (US Toll Free)
+44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll Free)
+61-1800165939 (Australia Toll Free)
Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc.
February 27, 2020 at 11:41 am #5690Erin Scott
- This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Frank Clinton.
If the app got stuck in single app mode, is there any other ways to exit?February 27, 2020 at 12:15 pm #5696Grace BakerModerator1 pt
Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.
The probable cause for this may be that you have set the app auto-launch delay below 10 seconds and will not be able to take the device out of kiosk by tapping the screen 10 times
- For Android 8 and below devices, please navigate to Policies-> Kiosk Lockdown-> Android Kiosk Lockdown-> Kiosk Exit Settings and enable the option ’Exit manually from kiosk mode while an app is open’ (Enable status bar option under Peripheral Settings has to be disabled for this to work). Associate the policy to the desired device. You can now tap on the top-left corner of the screen 10 times and provide the kiosk exit password to exit the device from Kiosk.
- In the case of Android 8+ devices, navigate to Policies-> Kiosk Lockdown-> Android Kiosk Lockdown-> Kiosk Exit Settings and enable the option Reboot and tap to exit from kiosk mode. Below this option, you will be able to find the option to provide the time delay for the app to relaunch, after reboot. After associating the policy, reboot the device, tap 10 times on the on a vacant part of the home screen and provide the kiosk exit password to exit from the kiosk mode.
Need to know more? Check out our troubleshooting doc on Issues in Android Kiosk App Management.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.