multi app kiosk android

expand collapsive

how do I allow a device on multi kiosk mode to setup voicemail and password on the phone? It is android s9 galaxy.

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please try adding the settings app to the Kiosk policy.
    Navigate to Policies -> Kiosk Lockdown-> Android Kiosk Lockdown-> Multi-App kiosk, click on the ‘+’ icon and select the Settings app. You can search for the app by its bundle identifier using the search tab at the top right of the window.
    Associate targets and save the policy.

Please use the help link to know more about the multi-app kiosk.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

To find the bundle ID of an application, look for the app in Google Play Store using a web browser. At the end of the URL, after the ‘id=’, will be listed the bundle ID.
    Please use the below screenshot for a reference:

hexnode bundle id

Also, there are many apps in the Play Store that will help you find the package name IDs of the apps published in the play store.

Wanna know more? Check out Search for Android Apps using Package name ID.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Participant

Klara

Participant

Hi, while I am setting up the kiosk, the peripheral settings icon is always coming in last page of my home screen. Why is it that way and how can I place it along it all the apps in the first page?

• Hi @klara,

This is the current flow of ‘Advanced View’ in Hexnode’s multi-app kiosk mode. The features in addition to the whitelisted apps and flies, like the icons of peripheral settings, Hexnode Messenger and Hexnode Kiosk Browser enabled through the kiosk policies will be positioned in an additional page.

If you want to get these icons on the same page as all other apps, use the ‘Basic View’ in the Android multi-app kiosk.

Hope this helps!
    Nora Lang
    Hexnode UEM