How to keep devices safe from hackers?

expand collapsive

Came across an article that shows how easy it is to hack devices connected to open Wifi.
This, along with two days on the internet has scared me out of my wits. I have seen a good number of people working on our office devices in Starbucks. We use windows laptops. Any tips so that we don’t make it onto the news for the wrong reasons?

All Replies

• Hello Ashle_y,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The evil twin attack has become the nightmare of every admin in organizations worldwide. Here are some things that you can do with Hexnode to keep your organization safe from hackers:

1. Configure Wi-Fi through Hexnode- Configure Wi-Fi through a policy from the portal. To block users from connecting to networks other than the ones configured in Hexnode, navigate to Windows > Advanced Restrictions > Allow Network Settings section of the policy and disable the option Connect to external Wi-Fi networks manually.
    2. Configure VPN through Hexnode- Deploy a policy configuring VPN from the portal. You can also block users from removing the configured VPN by disabling the option “Users can turn VPN on/off” in the Restrictions > Allow Network Settings section of the policy.
    3. Configure Microsoft Defender- Microsoft Defender helps to catch the malware on your system. Deploy a policy configuring Microsoft Defender.

Hope that helps
    Cheers!!
    Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Deborah.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Deborah.