HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Restricting users from downloading apps from App StoreSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 years ago

Is it possible to restrict who can download apps from the App Store in iPhones? I want to allow only some users to download apps from the App store and restrict all the others from downloading apps. Can I implement this using Hexnode MDM?

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 years ago

Hi Ajij, there is an option in the Hexnode portal where you can force the user to enter password for all iTunes purchases. Have a look into the option to see if it helps you in any way.

Participant
3 years ago

Thank you Zariah for your help. I found the feature but it forces the user to enter the password during every purchase only for iTunes Store and not App Store.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hi Ajij,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

You can restrict users from downloading applications from the App Store in iOS devices by hiding the App Store in their devices. You can navigate to Policies -> iOS -> Restrictions -> Allow Application Settings and disable the “Show App Store on the device” option to hide the App Store in a device. IT admins will still be able to install applications from the Hexnode MDM portal.

Cheers!
Chris Coleman
Hexnode MDM